Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Coenzyme Q10 for Energy & General Health - Results after One Week


Does coenzyme Q10 help with energy levels and exercise? You tell me. (Photo by Aki Jinn)

So far, I haven't noticed anything different after taking 200 mg of CoQ10 daily for about a week. I've read some anecdotal evidence of CoQ10 boosting energy levels and the immune system, but I can't say the same. My throat still hurts, and yesterday having taken a capsule I went to the gym and working out felt pretty much the same as always.

I ran across an interesting study that claims CoQ10 might be effective in treating periodontitis. I have a mild gingival recession going on one of my upper teeth, which I would like to treat, but I haven't found an effective way to do so. My dentist said it's normal and that oral fluoride would help, but I'm skeptical of its effectiveness and also a little concerned about using fluoride at all.

I opened one of the gel capsules to see what the contents looked like, and what came out was an orange substance that resembles palm oil. In addition to CoQ10, the capsules contain soybean oil, gelatin, glycerin, titanium dioxide, riboflavin, water, yellow beeswax, soy lecithin, d-alpha tocopherol and polysorbate 80. Quite a lot of stuff. I don't know whether just rubbing it on my gums will do anything (hell, it might even be harmful), but this could make an interesting experiment.

Go to next post on this experiment



Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Yahoo

0 kommenttia:

  © Blogger template 'Perfection' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP